Workshop for Psychological Health & Safety
Mental Health in the Workplace: The Essentials
A comprehensive introduction to the relevance and importance of understanding mental health in the workplace.
This workshop is not just an introduction to the topic but will provide a clear direction for incorporating employee mental health into your organization’s occupational health and safety policies, as well as day-to-day practices. Participants gain confidence in navigating situations involving mental health at work sensitively and effectively and learn the vital role they can play in making the workplace a psychologically safer and healthier place to be.
Participants Will Learn & Apply These Skills:
- What is mental health and what is the impact in the workplace?
- Barriers to mental wellness in the workplace
- Recognizing signs of mental distress
- Appropriate response to mental distress
- Obligations, Boundaries, and engaging further supports
- A proactive approach to mental health
This virtually facilitated workshop format may have participants working with peers from their own company, and/or other industries. Each interactive workshop session will include:
- Training and group interpretation/discussion of new concepts and content
- Classroom practice with each critical tool
- Time for each participant to plan their subsequent implementation of beneficial improvements
- Facilitation & discussion with experienced coaches
Duration: 4 hours
Learning Environment: Virtual, facilitated or live classroom.
Schedule: May 3, 2023 and June 14, 2023