Visual iconography can hold a great deal of power over the knowledge, engagement, and motivation of labourers in a manufacturing workspace. This course aims to strengthen participants’ knowledge of visual iconography in a manufacturing environment, and increase awareness of how to interpret, communicate, and create effective imagery.
The use of effective workplace visuals is especially important in facilities that employ labourers from diverse cultural backgrounds, reducing or eliminating the need for written directions entirely. This course aims to strengthen participants’ knowledge of visual iconography in a manufacturing environment, and heighten awareness of how to interpret, communicate, and create effective imagery.
- Applying visual iconography to Lean workplace practices.
- Effective utilization of visuals, icons, symbols, and images.
- Utilizing visual iconography to heighten efficiency.
- Standardizing workplace visuals for speed and clarity.
- Determining what is and isn’t critical information.
- Illustrating manufacturing processes.
- Strengthening employee engagement and accountability through visual media.
DURATION: One (1) Half-Day + Optional Activity LEARNING ENVIRONMENT: In-Person Classroom
SCHEDULE: Virtual Session – Thursday, October 6th @ 1:00PM
Training is available in English.