Value Stream Mapping
Value Stream Maps are one of the most effective resources for stoking continuous improvement in a manufacturing workplace. This course provides participants with practical Value Stream Map implementation strategies, allowing them to begin incorporating continuous improvement processes into their own workplace activities immediately.
Value Stream Maps are one of the most effective resources for stoking continuous improvement in a manufacturing workspace. As a core component of the Lean management methodology, utilizing Value Stream Maps allows production-focused leaders and employees to develop efficient courses-of-action for key manufacturing processes, eliminating redundancies and reducing the possibility of error throughout the entirety of a project.
By utilizing the Lean management mapping practices discussed in this course, participants can learn to perform crucial planning activities before making committed decisions, heightening contextual awareness and knowledgeability throughout an entire team or department. The collaborative activities conducted in the two- and three-day versions of this course provide participants with practical implementation strategies, allowing them to begin incorporating Value Stream Map-derived processes into their own workplaces immediately.
- Creating and completing a Value Stream Map.
- Analyzing existing practices to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Effective implementation of continuous improvement processes through preparatory strategizing.
- Communicating changes in production activities to project stakeholders.
- Introduction to Value Stream Mapping — understanding current processes, deciding on future improvements, and determining mutual goals.
- Facilitating data collection activities.
- Creating achievable courses-of-action using data.
- [One-Day Course] Group exercise — completing a sample Value Stream Map.
- [Two-Day Course] Group exercise — completing a Value Stream Map based on participants’ own organizations.
- [Three-Day Course] Group exercise — determining implementation of actions derived from Value Stream Map in participants’ own organizations.
DURATION: One (1) to Three (3) Day-Long Sessions
LEARNING ENVIRONMENT: In-Person Classroom
SCHEDULE: Please contact Amy Edwards, EMC's Training Manager, at 1-866-323-4362 for upcoming course dates and times.
Training is available in English.