For front-line leaders with competing priorities
Supervisor Time Management Workshop
In this 4 hour interactive workshop, an experienced instructor will outline the steps that successful leaders apply to keep themselves (and their teams!) focused on the most proactive workplace activities. Together with other workshop participants from similar roles across Canada, you will analyze and make plans to improve your work routines. Following through on what you learn in this single session will give you the best chance to stay on top of things in a dynamic workplace.
On the one hand leaders have activities related to long-term strategy that deserve careful planning and execution. These are the “should do” activities to make beneficial improvements in the processes they champion. However, on the other hands front-line leaders work with the reality of unexpected, urgent, short-term priorities. These become the “must do” tasks on already crowded calendars. This training will provide an overview of how to understand and correct a portion of the firefighting that front line leaders end up doing; including effective methods to increase beneficial activities and tools to remove redundant and wasted activity from calendars.
Participants Will Learn & Apply These Skills:
- Unique (but proven) analysis tools to understand and articulate where time is being spent
- An evaluation method to categorize activities into Strategic, Proactive, Reactive, and Detractive tasks
- Continuous Improvement tools to transform Reactive tasks into Proactive activity
- Methods to work with peers on other shifts & departments to reduce wasted time for everyone
- Strategies to manage the expectations of leaders
This facilitated workshop format may have participants working with peers from their own company, and/or other industries. Each interactive workshop session will include:
- Training and group interpretation/discussion of new concepts and content
- Classroom practice with each critical tool
- Time for each participant to plan their subsequent implementation of beneficial improvements
- Facilitation & discussion with experienced coaches
Duration: 4 hours
Learning Environment: Virtual, facilitated or live classroom.
Schedule: Wednesday, December 6, 2023