For team leaders who wish to reclaim their time.
Supervisor Time Management
Working with other supervisors from across Canada, this series of workshops will allow you to learn and practice your leadership ability to take control of unexpected situations. Ultimately, you will measure how much you can reduce the amount of "fire fighting" that typically consumes too much of your time in the workplace; including effective methods to increase beneficial activities and tools to remove redundant and wasted activity from calendars.
Front-line leaders often find themselves with competing priorities. On the one hand leaders have activities related to long-term strategy that deserve careful planning and execution. These are the “should do” activities to make beneficial improvements in the processes they champion. However, on the other hands front-line leaders work with the reality of unexpected, urgent, short-term priorities. These become the “must do” tasks on already crowded calendars.
Participants Will Learn & Apply These Skills:
- Unique (but proven) analysis tools to understand and articulate where time is being spent
- An evaluation method to categorize activities into Strategic, Proactive, Reactive, and Detractive tasks
- Continuous Improvement tools to transform Reactive tasks into Proactive activity
- Methods to work with peers on other shifts & departments to reduce wasted time for everyone
- Strategies to manage the expectations of leaders
This facilitated workshop format will have participants working with peers from their own company and/or other industries. Each interactive workshop sessions will include:
- Training and group interpretation/discussion of new concepts and content
- Time for each participant to plan their implementation of the next phase of critical improvements
- Facilitation & discussion with experienced coaches
- Review of previous homework tasks & results
Duration: 4 weeks, 4 hours per week.
Learning Environment: Virtual, facilitated.
Schedule: Series starts Wednesday, November 1, 2023