For employee wellness champions, in any role.
Foundations of a Psychologically Safe & Healthy Workplace
This accelerated course in Psychological Health & Safety is a comprehensive overview of the critical role of mental health in maintaining a strong and effective workforce.
This accelerated course in Psychological Health & Safety is a comprehensive overview of the critical role of mental health in maintaining a strong and effective workforce. The cost of ignoring mental health and psychological well-being is immense. It can be seen in many ways such as higher levels of attrition, absenteeism, low morale, reduced production or even an increase in accidents. This course will provide a clear direction for incorporating employee mental health into your organization’s occupational health and safety policies, as well as day-to-day practices. Participants gain confidence in navigating situations involving mental health at work sensitively and effectively while ensuring adherence to legal protections and obligations of the employee and employer.
- Understand what Psychological Health and Safety is and why it matters in the workplace
- Examine PH&S through a “5 Factor Lens”: Culture, Communication, Support, Equity and Contribution
- Adopting and sustaining healthy cultural norms
- Contributing factors for a healthy organizational culture
- Clearly defined expectations
- Understanding different communication styles
- Identifying signs of distress
- CARE: Conversation – Acknowledge – Resources – EFAP (employee and family assistance program)
- Civility and respect
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Employee recognition
- Involvement, influence and engagement
Duration: 4 weeks, 3 hour sessions per week.
Learning Environment: Virtual, facilitated.
Schedule: Sessions start November 2, 2023.