An interactive workshop
Leadership in the Workplace
By modelling, guiding, and reinforcing the skills that will support the individual’s goals, a leader can play an integral role in building capacity in those around them.
Leadership is more than simply managing people and telling them what to do. True leadership is about motivating and guiding an individual or team to set goals and reach their full potential. An effective leader has strong emotional intelligence, i.e., self-awareness, empathy, and communication skills, which helps them to connect with those around them. Good leaders can come from anywhere but will have a strong sense of their own strengths and a willingness to invest in the development of others. It is critical to have the ability to meet people where they are by adjusting their leadership style to fit the situation or person. By modelling, guiding, and reinforcing the skills that will support the individual’s goals, a leader can play an integral role in building capacity in those around them.
- Recognize the difference between managing people and leading people
- Understand the key qualities of an effective leader
- Understand the role of effective feedback in helping to build others’ skills
- Identify their own default leadership style
- Recognize the power of situational leadership to meet people where they are
- Reflect on their emotional intelligence and the role it plays in leadership
- Learn strategies to motivate others and help build actionable goal setting plans
DURATION: 3 hours
LEARNING ENVIRONMENT: Virtual
SCHEDULE: Wednesday, December 13, 2023
Training is available in English.