Elevated Work Platforms Refresher
This is a discussion based re-certification training program that is targeted to those workers who have previously taken the Elevating Work Platform Certification training program. This course reviews the operation of elevating work platforms including scissor lifts, zoom-boom lifts and articulating lifts.
Competent operators must know not only how to operate the particular class of Elevating Work Platforms to which they will be operating, but also be aware of the hazards associated; they must be able to operate the equipment in a manner that protects both their own safety and the safety of others in the workplace. Expect the theory elements of this training session to last about 4 hours, then if the equipment is available, we will conduct operator practical evaluations.
- Legislative Requirements
- Operator Qualifications
- Hazards—People, Equipment, Material, and Environment
- Workplace Pre-Use Inspections
- Characteristics of Scissor Lifts and Vertical Mast Lifts
- Characteristics of Articulating and Telescopic Boom Lifts
- Equipment Inspections and Operational Stability
- Fall Protection
- Rescue Planning
February 2, 2024
Training is available in English.