The event you are interested in has either already passed or has been removed. We value your interest in our events and encourage you to explore our upcoming events page for other exciting opportunities! If you have any questions or would like more information, please feel free to reach out to our team at email@example.com
Knowledge Mobilization Event: Sectoral-Based Micro-Credentials
Join us to hear about and discuss the results and findings of our 'Level Up Skills Evolution: Sectoral-Based Micro-Credentials' project.
EMC, along with BioTalent, Canadian Agricultural Human Resource Council (CAHRC), Canadian Council for Aviation & Aerospace (CCAA), and Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC) will share and discuss the findings and insights gleaned from the development of a cross-sectoral, industry-driven framework and methodology for researching, developing, and delivering micro-credentialed, rapid reskilling and upskilling training for the manufacturing, agriculture, aviation and aerospace, biotechnology, and IT sectors.
Also during the event, we will facilitate a panel of Nova Scotia small-to-medium employers to discuss their training and perceptions around micro-credentials, show a recently developed AI-based Skills Mapping application and provide a glimpse of our sectoral rapid skills training and micro-credentials roadmap.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
The agenda for the day is as follows:
- 8:30am: Registration & complimentary breakfast
- 9:00am: Welcome and opening remarks
- 9:15am: Presentation of Summative Report by Social Development and Research Corporation (SRDC)
- 9:45am: Sector Presentations of key findings by CAHRC, CCAA, BioTalent, EMC, and ICTC
- 10:30am: Break and refreshments
- 10:45am: Putting a Face to the Findings – Employers and Employees Panel Discussion
- 11:30am: Sectoral Micro-credential Frameworks – Roadmap forward
- 12:00pm: Lunch & Learn Demonstration of Skills Mapping tool by Vicinity Jobs and Magnet
- 1:00pm: Closing remarks by EMC
- 1:30pm: Networking
The 'Level Up Skills Evolution: Sectoral-Based Micro-Credentials' project is funded by the Future Skills Centre.
Our events take place on a regular basis, some virtually and some in-person, throughout all of our Consortium regions. As part of your EMC membership, you and your colleagues are invited to participate in any, and all events, that are relevant to your company - in any Consortium region across Canada!