A proud member of EMC!
Each year, Elanco joins forces with our parent company, Lilly, to dedicate a full day to volunteering in our communities, called the Global Day of Service. It’s one of the largest single-day corporate volunteer programs in the world.
Thousands of employees join local partners and community groups to support a wide variety of initiatives. Whether beautifying city streets, collecting food or building homes for families in need, or caring for animals at local shelters, we take pride in giving back to our neighbors. Employees are also provided with a half-day per quarter of paid time off to serve their communities in a cause that aligns to their personal interests.
Our annual Global Day of Service (GDOS) is very important to Elanco; They support a cause-driven culture. This year, Elanco had more than 3,400 employees volunteering in 243 projects at over 45 locations around the world totaling more than 14,000 hours of service! At Elanco PEI specifically, we had nearly 60 people able to participate in a wide variety of activities, including:
- harvesting tomatoes before the frost at the PEI Farm Center, which donates a lot of produce to our local food bank
- helping a home build for a family in need with Habitat for Humanity
- chopping up veggies and serving at the soup kitchen
- sorting through donations at the food bank
- building hundreds of promotional kits for Heart & Stroke foundation
- milking goats, cleaning pens, and helping to launch a vegan line of laundry detergent at Island Hill Farms
- cleaning up at a women’s shelter
- various cleanup initiatives and participating in the cat enrichment program at the PEI Humane Society
We are very proud to have the opportunity to assist our community.
Elanco provides comprehensive products and knowledge services to improve animal health and food-animal production in more than 70 countries around the world. We value innovation, both in scientific research and daily operations, and strive to cultivate a collaborative work environment for more than 6,500 employees worldwide. Together with our customers, we are committed to raising awareness about global food security, and celebrating and supporting the human-animal bond. Founded in 1954, Elanco is a division of Eli Lilly and Company.