Program Recruiter/Job Placement Coach
Program Recruiter/Job Placement Coach
Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium (EMC)—a unique, not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping Canada’s manufacturers grow and become more competitive at home and around the world. We are seeking a Program Recruiter/Job Placement Coach to join our team to support Food and Beverage Ontario‘s CareersNOW! Program that connects jobseekers and students with Ontario employers for exciting careers in food and beverage processing.
Reporting to EMC’s Director of Manufacturing Initiatives, the Program Recruiter / Job Placement Coach will collaborate with Ontario Food and Beverage employers to match jobseekers to program vacancies. The Program Recruiter / Job Placement Coach will also provide job seekers enrolled in the program mentoring and preparation for job placements. The ideal candidate for this role has excellent communication, organizational and relationship-building skills, and experience in recruitment/talent acquisition and/or manufacturing. The Program Recruiter/Job Placement Coach role is a one-year contract role with a possibility for extension.
- Work closely with EMC’s Director of Manufacturing Initiatives and the CareersNOW! Project Director to meet project goals.
- Support program recruitment efforts by attending virtual and in-person events.
- Work with participating employers to identify vacancies.
- Develop an in-depth understanding employers’ needs, values, and available positions, and then match the employer with candidates whose goals, interests, and aptitudes are aligned with their needs.
- Provide job seekers with one-on-one resume-building and interview support.
- Participate in data collection activities.
- Attend CareersNOW! Project meetings.
- Support CareersNOW! Project to achieve program goals.
- Experience in recruitment/talent acquisition
- Experience within the manufacturing sector (ASSE)
- Experience in a mentorship role within the manufacturing sector
Commitment to Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds and who are representative of the communities that we serve, in particular those with lived experience of the barrier’s individuals face to employment.
We encourage applications from women, BIPOC, LGTBQ2S+ and people with disabilities as we strive to build a more inclusive society. We would like to invite applicants to self-identify if they belong to an equity seeking group and disclose this information in their cover letter. Self-disclosure is completely optional.
If you will require accommodations at any stage of the selection process, please state the nature of the accommodations in your cover letter.
Incorporated in 1997 and headquartered in Owen Sound, EMC is responsible for contributing significant knowledge, expertise, and industry resources to over 13,000 active consortium and online member manufacturers in more than 60 consortiums throughout Canada. For over 25 years, EMC has facilitated industry-driven, public/private sector projects on behalf of manufacturers, which has helped to generate hundreds of millions of dollars for new economic opportunities, job creation and retention, skills development, and continuous improvements—all positively affecting local, provincial, and national economic regions. www.emccanada.org
About Food and Beverage Ontario:
Established in 2003 as the Alliance of Ontario Food Processors, FBO has evolved into the organization of choice for members of the processing community – a community that contributes over $42 billion annually and is the number one manufacturing sector employer in Ontario. Governed by an industry-led Board of Directors and support from a dedicated staff team, FBO is a powerful advocate and facilitator of success for all categories of Ontario processor business. FBO’s goal is to promote and support a competitive Ontario industry locally and within the global marketplace. www.foodandbeverageontario.ca/