WILWORKS Skilled Trades
Developing the next generation for skilled trades in advanced manufacturing
WILWorks Skilled Trades program introduces youth (15-29) to high demand skilled trades in advanced manufacturing.
About the Program
Canada currently faces a critical shortage of skilled workers. Skilled tradespeople in the manufacturing sector are in high demand and will continue to be at an increasing rate because of the rapid pace of technological changes in our industry and as current workers begin to retire.
WILWorks Skilled Trades is a pre-apprenticeship program for youth (15-29) to discover and receive hands-on experience in skilled trades related to advanced manufacturing. For manufacturers, the program will help to create a pipeline of talent to fill the growing demand in manufacturing skilled trades roles.
The program has been designed to be highly flexible for employers and participants. Training is delivered through online self-directed modules and hands-on practical components completed during a work placement of up to 16 weeks.
Interested in Participating as an Employer?Apply Today
- A registered Canadian business or organization
- A member of Canada's manufacturing sector or a related sector
- Employers may enroll current employees and new hires, between the ages of 15 to 29
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- EMC will recruit and enroll participants into the program and place with manufacturers based on employer criteria and proximity
Get a head start in Skilled Trades for Advanced Manufacturing
WILWorks Skilled Trades is a free career and trades exploration and work placement program designed for you to explore skilled trades and advanced manufacturing technology. WILWorks Skilled Trades will open up new career pathways by providing the opportunity to learn about in-demand skilled trades and the future of advanced manufacturing. This pre-apprenticeship program blends self-directed and experiential learning, with a work placement of up to 16 weeks.
This program is right for you if you:
- are between the ages of 15 to 29
- like to work with your hands
- are interested in career not sitting at a desk
- have technical and digital skills
- are interested in exploring different trades
- are open to pursing an apprenticeship
- want to prepare for future trades training
- are interested in building your skills in multiple Skilled Trades
- like having lots of choice in your career
- are interested in a high paying in-demand career
We are now accepting applications!Register now
Not in Manufacturing Yet?
- Participants can apply online
- Candidates will be matched with an employer based on location and employer criteria
- A short interview will be held to help ensure the best employer/candidate match
Already in Manufacturing?
- Employers will approve the application and participation
The program includes a work placement of up to 16 weeks; the total length will depend on employer-participant agreement.
Helping Youth Get a Head Start in Skilled Trades in Advanced Manufacturing
Canadian manufacturing is changing at a rapid rate. In addition to workers retiring, there is a growing need to support the technological advancements occurring in advanced manufacturing. WILWorks Skilled Trades is a free pre-apprenticeship program open to all youth (15-29) to discover and receive hands-on experience in skilled trades related to advanced manufacturing that are in high demand across Canada.
The program is designed to be highly flexible for participants to help them explore and discover career paths. Training is delivered through online self-directed modules and hands-on practical components completed during placement hours of up to 16 weeks.
WILWorks Skilled Trades in advanced manufacturing program has been developed by experienced subject matter experts in skilled trades and advanced manufacturing.
Program Terms & ConditionsClick Here
- Between the ages of 15-29
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Available for the duration the program
- Participants under the age of 18 will require permission from a parent or guardian to participate
Applications will be reviewed, and potential placements will be based on employer criteria and proximity
Contact Us For More Information
Still have questions? Contact us for more information.