WILWorks Skilled Trades in Advanced Manufacturing
Developing the next generation for skilled trades in advanced manufacturing
WILWorks Skilled Trades in Advanced Manufacturing program introduces youth (15-29) to high demand skilled trades in advanced manufacturing.
About the Program
Canada's skilled worker shortage is a pressing issue, especially in the manufacturing sector, where demand is soaring due to rapid technological advancements and impending retirements. WILWorks Skilled Trades in Advanced Manufacturing is a pre-apprenticeship program for youth (15-29), providing the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in advanced manufacturing trades.
This program is designed to create a skilled workforce for Canada’s manufacturing future, utilizing employer-led, hands-on training and mentorship. Participants gain access to online self-directed e-learning focused on introductory technical skills for industrial mechanic millwrights and industrial electricians.
Our employer-friendly approach lets you integrate training easily, while participants gain valuable, real-world experience during a training period of up to 20 weeks. Funded by the Government of Canada's Skilled Trades Awareness and Readiness Program, together we can build the manufacturing workforce of tomorrow!
Interested in Participating as an Employer?Apply Today
- A registered Canadian business or organization
- A member of Canada's manufacturing sector or a related sector
- Commitment to a minimum of 60 hours of learner training during the training period,
- Commitment to providing participants with 30 hours of internal workplace training led by an employee during the training period. Availability of personnel with relevant skills to train in the covered technical concepts.
- Current employees, new hires and students aged 15-29
- Legally entitled to work in Canada,
- Not enrolled in an apprenticeship program,
- Not currently working in their desired field, and
- Not licensed in a skilled trade.
Get a Head Start in Skilled Trades for Advanced Manufacturing
Unleash your potential with EMC’s WILWorks Skilled Trades in Advanced Manufacturing - a partially funded program tailored to ages 15-29. Dive into skilled trades and cutting-edge manufacturing technology. Uncover future career paths guided by industry leaders. This 8 to 20 week hands-on and online learning pre-apprenticeship program launches you into a new career.
This program is right for you if you:
- Are between the ages of 15 and 29
- Enjoy hands-on work
- Prefer an active career over desk jobs
- Enjoy learning about new technologies
- Are open to apprenticeship opportunities
- Wish to ready yourself for future trades training
- Desire to learn about multiple Skilled Trades
- Crave career versatility
- Aspire to a well-paying, in demand profession
Share Your Application with Interested Employers!
Share Your Application with Interested Employers!Register Now to Join the Talent Pool
Not in Manufacturing Yet?
- Participants can apply online
- Candidate-submitted resumes will be shared with interested employers
- Employers will select, contact and assess candidates for program suitability
Already in Manufacturing?
- Share the program details with your employer and express your interest
- Employers will apply for the program
The program includes a work placement of up to 20 weeks; the total length will depend on employer-participant agreement.
Helping Youth Get a Head Start in Skilled Trades in Advanced Manufacturing
Canadian manufacturing is undergoing a rapid transformation. In addition to workers retiring, there is a growing need to support the technological advancements occurring in advanced manufacturing. Welcome to WILWorks Skilled Trades in Advanced Manufacturing – a pre-apprenticeship program open to youth (15-29); that equips participants with high-demand skills, addressing Canada's pressing manufacturing skill gap.
Our flexible program enables youth to explore and uncover diverse career paths. Blending self-directed online learning with hands-on training, our 20-week curriculum offers an immersive learning experience.
WILWorks Skilled Trades in Advanced Manufacturing leverages the expertise of seasoned professionals in skilled trades and advanced manufacturing to provide a comprehensive learning journey.
Join us in providing the next generation with hands-on training in cutting-edge manufacturing and help shape the future of the workforce through WILWorks Skilled Trades in Advanced Manufacturing.
Program Terms & ConditionsClick Here
- Not currently enrolled in an apprenticeship program
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Between the ages of 15 to 29
- Available for the duration of the program
- Not hold a licensed skilled trades certification
Interested youth participants can apply online and attach their resume. Resumes are stored in a secure database and shared with interested regional employers, who make the final selection. Candidate selection is made by the employer.
Employers are also encouraged to apply online, through our secure servers.
Contact Us For More Information
Still have questions? Contact us for more information.