Supervisors, managers, and team leaders play a critical role in the typical operations of any manufacturing business. In this course, participants gain a thorough introduction to the fundamental principles of a Lean workplace and Lean Management practices, and extensively analyze the impact of strong leadership on their organization.
Supervisors, managers, and team leaders play a critical role in the day-to-day operations of any manufacturing business and, as such, are an important factor in a company’s financial success. As the primary line of communication between an organization’s management and labourers, supervisory leaders need to ensure the constant productivity and efficiency of their groups on a regular basis, and must take action to identify and eliminate redundant activities for consistent output.
During these sessions, leaders of all types will gain a thorough introduction to the fundamental principles of a Lean workplace, Lean Management practices, and the general elements of effective supervision, and extensively analyze the impact of strong leadership on their organization’s sustainability. Participants will also have the opportunity to develop and apply their Lean Management abilities through various group-based exercises, and learn how to create a mutually-beneficial workplace culture through common continuous improvement tools.
- Eliminating waste through fundamental Lean principles, tools, and resources.
- Recognizing the impact of Lean processes on productive workplace cultures.
- Understanding the differences between leadership, management, and coaching.
- Setting effective expectations for administrators and employees.
- Identifying the correlation between strong leadership and successful team performance.
- Employing data to improve management processes.
- Giving and receiving all forms of feedback.
- Understanding the Lean methodology.
- Building a workplace culture focused on continuous improvement.
- Recognizing the impact of leadership on workplace culture.
- Optimizing individual and collective performance through Lean management.
- Utilizing Lean management tools to stoke employee motivation and collaborative productivity.
DURATION: Two (2) Day-Long Sessions
LEARNING ENVIRONMENT: In-Person Classroom
SCHEDULE: Please contact Amy Edwards, EMC's Training Manager, at 1-866-323-4362 for upcoming course dates and times.
Training is available in English.