Efficient financial management is a crucial component of any smoothly-operating Lean workspace. In this course, participants receive a detailed introduction to the Lean methodology, with particular focus placed on Lean accounting practices, and learn about how to incorporate Lean processes into their typical financial activities.
Efficient financial management is a crucial component of any smoothly-operating Lean workspace, but understanding which accounting principles comply with standard Lean practices can often be a challenge. In this course, participants will receive a thorough introduction to the Lean methodology, with particular focus placed on Lean accounting practices, and learn about how to incorporate Lean processes into their typical financial activities.
Participants will also thoroughly analyze the obstacles to Lean financial management, discuss how to overcome these barriers, and identify a number of opportunities for empowering their workspace productivity and organization. This course is ideal for finance-based manufacturing employees who are eager to develop their ability to function as part of a highly-productive enterprise!
- An introduction to the Lean methodology.
- Lean Accounting principles.
- The importance of efficient financial management in a Lean workplace.
- Common barriers to effective Lean Accounting.
- Using communication to empower financial strategies.
- Reinforcing Lean financial behaviour through research and analysis.
- Becoming a Lean financial leader.
- General overview of the Lean methodology and Lean Accounting principles.
- Exploration of issues preventing effective Lean financial management.
- Discussion of how to strengthen relationships between finance and operations teams through mutually-beneficial correspondence.
- Analysis of continuous improvement across teams with shared goals.
- Participant presentations on knowledge of Lean finance practices.
DURATION: One (1) Day-Long Session
LEARNING ENVIRONMENT: In-Person Classroom
SCHEDULE: Please contact Amy Edwards, EMC's Training Manager, at 1-866-323-4362 for upcoming course dates and times.
Training is available in English.