JHSC Refresher Certification Training
The Ministry of Labour, Training & Skills Development (MLTSD) has established a new training standard that is now in effect as of March 1st, 2016. If your business has over 20 employees and a current need to get staff certified, you are required to complete this training.
Refresher Training 1 day (8 hours)
Review Key concepts from Part 1 & Part 2 training
- Review the roles, duties, and responsibilities of workplace parties
- Review the rights, duties, and functions of the JHSC
- Review concepts of the hazard recognition, assessment, and control, and evaluation of the hazard controls and a Hazard Management Tool
**Describe changes or updates to relevant legislation, standards, codes of practice and occupational health and safety best practices **
- Describe new advances in occupational health and safety best practices, if any, in the last three years.
- Describe hazards that have emerged in the committee member’s workplace in the last three years.
**Provide opportunity for learners to share JHSC best practices and to discuss JHSC challenges and potential resolutions **
- Share challenges based on the committee member’s experience as a JHSC member
- Share best practice based on the committee member’s experience as a JHSC member
- Brainstorm approaches to resolve challenges
**DEVELOPMENT OF EFFECTIVE “JOINT HEALTH AND SAFETY COMMITTEES” (JHSC) **
- JHSC Members who have completed Part 1 and 2 training are required to take Refresher training every 3 years in order to maintain their certification.
December 13, 2023 January 11, 2024
Training is available in English.