Health, Safety and the Law
Ontario’s Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training, and Skills Development requires all manufacturing leaders to have a complete understanding of the province’s Health and Safety practices, and to instruct their own teams on upholding these practices in the workplace.
During this course, participants will learn about a wide variety of topics related to Health and Safety throughout a vast array of production activities, and will develop the knowledge and skills necessary to instruct their employees on these same subjects.
Course material discusses the various laws and regulations surrounding Health and Safety in manufacturing workplaces, and informs attendees of their legal obligations to their employees, colleagues, and organizations. This course is an essential introduction to Health and Safety practices for manufacturing leaders of any type, and serves as a necessary resource for all Health and Safety representatives in the manufacturing sector. To learn more about the MLITSD’s requirements for Health and Safety training, see the Ministry’s program guidelines.
- Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act: Why is it important?
- What are the duties and responsibilities of employers, employees, supervisors, and Health and Safety Representatives in the manufacturing industry?
- What does the Health and Safety Representative’s role entail, and how do they keep their workplaces safe?
- Recognizing hazards: • Conducting Hazard Risk Assessments • The Recognizing, Assessing, Controlling, & Evaluating (RACE) Hazards methodology
- Conducting effective workplace inspections
- Conducting accident and incident investigations
- Making safety recommendations to employers and administrators
- Continuously improving Health and Safety practices
DURATION: Contact EMC for course duration
LEARNING ENVIRONMENT: Virtual Session, Tuesday August 23rd
Training is available in English.
Ready for the next step in Health and Safety training? See EMC’s Health and Safety MEC program now, and keep building on your team’s knowledge of modern Health and Safety practices!