Forklift Safety Training Refresher
This is a refresher program where we review the key elements of our standard forklift certification training.
This Forklift Safety Training Refresher is not recommended for new forklift operators or those who have not taken a CSA compliant Forklift Safety Training program in the past 5 years.
- The legal requirements
- Causes of forklift related accidents
- Hazards associated with the operation of a forklift, equipment, environment, and materials you handle
- How to ensure the safety of other workers in the area
- How to Inspect your lift truck
- Lift truck stability triangle and trapezoid, centre of gravity load, capacity of your lift truck or forklift
- The effects of speed, acceleration, sharp cornering, etc.
- Main components of the lift truck with emphasis on the lifting/handling systems and their basic functions
- The hazards associated with the workplace in which he/she will be working. Creation of Safety Rules to follow
- Fueling of a lift truck including Propane, Diesel and Batteries
- How operators can make a difference
- Course includes one documented Driving Evaluation of the operators driving skill
February 2, 2024
Training is available in English.