Fall Arrest Training
Many manufacturing processes require workers to perform their duties at great heights — often alongside the presence of heavy machinery. This course instructs participants on properly working at significant heights, and describes how to ensure personal and collective safety through the use of various fall prevention systems.
** Course Summary:**
Many modern manufacturing processes require workers to perform their duties at great heights within and outside of their facilities — often alongside the presence of heavy machinery and production hazards. This course instructs participants on properly working at heights above three meters or ten feet, and describes the various methods of ensuring personal and collective safety through the use of various fall prevention systems and equipment.
Through this course’s material, employees and supervisors understand the methods employed by Health and Safety professionals to reduce the possibility of accidents at great heights, and examine the processes enacted to prevent harm when falls do occur. By completing this course, manufacturing employees of any role or industry have the knowledge and abilities to fulfill their responsibilities when working on roofs, ladders, or tall structures, and gain experience in the usage of common safety practices in these environments.
- Understanding the severity of falls and similar height-related accidents.
- Fall prevention systems, processes, and equipment.
- Reducing the impact of falls through consistently-employed Health and Safety practices.
- Working safely at significant heights.
- Utilizing fall prevent equipment in various high environments and situations.
** Course Outline:**
- Analysis of falls and height-related accidents — causes, response measures, and follow-up investigations.
- Usage of common fall prevention systems and equipment.
- Identification of potentially hazardous working environments at significant heights.
- Examination of unsafe practices on roofs, ladders, or tall structures.
- Course material comprehension evaluations.
DURATION: One (1) Three-Hour Session
LEARNING ENVIRONMENT: Participant Facilities or In-Person Classroom – please contact EMC for more information.
Virtual Session – December 18, 2023 Virtual Session – March 4, 2023
Training is available in English.
Ready for the next step in Health and Safety training? See EMC’s Health and Safety MEC program now, and keep building on your team’s knowledge of modern Health and Safety practices!