8-D Problem Solving
During this course, participants learn about the 8-D model of problem-solving — a set of eight issue-resolution tools that can be utilized to overcome common workplace obstacles. A range of 8-D resources will be discussed, and participants will employ their problem-solving skills through a collaborative exercise.
Being able to effectively address and overcome a wide range of problems is critical to success in manufacturing, but employees can often find it difficult to understand which strategies to apply when doing so. Throughout this two-day course, we’ll dive into the 8-Discipline (“8D”) model of problem-solving — a set of eight issue-resolution tools that can be utilized by workers of any position, department, or industry to overcome common workplace obstacles.
We’ll also discuss a range of complementary resources that heighten the impact of the 8D model’s processes, and allow participants to employ their problem-solving skills with a team-based exercise. The material discussed in this course is valuable for manufacturing workers across the corporate ladder, and is a basic element of maintaining an effective organization!
- Understanding the 8D problem-solving model.
- In-depth utilization of common problem-solving tools.
- Brainstorming, experimentation, verification, evaluation, validation, and standardization techniques.
- Confidently tackling everyday business problems, including: - Quality Defects - Machine Downtime - Sub-Optimal Process Performance - Customer Complaints - Waste - Overcoming internal process breakdowns
- Introduction to the 8D problem-solving model.
- Analysis of common problem-solving tools.
- Understanding how to overcome common workplace challenges.
- Applying problem-solving skills through a team-based exercise.
DURATION: 1-2 Day-Long Sessions
LEARNING ENVIRONMENT: In-Person Classroom
SCHEDULE: Please contact Amy Edwards, EMC's Training Manager, at 1-866-323-4362 for upcoming course dates and times.
Training is available in English.