The event you are interested in has either already passed or has been removed. We value your interest in our events and encourage you to explore our upcoming events page for other exciting opportunities! If you have any questions or would like more information, please feel free to reach out to our team at email@example.com
An information session
Health & Safety Excellence Program Updates
For Ontario manufacturers. At this virtual session, Kelly Killby, EMC's Environment, Health & Safety Professional, will discuss and review changes to the Health & Safety Excellence Program. The WSIB’s Health and Safety Excellence Program (HSEp) is Ontario’s only rebate program for Health and Safety.
Changes to the Health & Safety Excellence Program include;
- The Smaller Business Initiative (SBI) has been extended to December 31, 2024.
- Eligibility, financial incentives and program requirements remain unchanged.
- Improvements to Recognition of Hazard (ROH)
- OLD Recognition of Hazards included: Hazard identification, Hazard reporting & Workplace inspections
- NEW Separate topics with requirements defined for each topic.
- Improvements to Control of Hazard (COH). Topic requirements now include a definition of a hazard and a list of example hazards and control programs.
- New options within COH: Note: you must select with COH approach you are going to take when you select your topics.
- Implement a control program
- Implement controls to address a specific hazard
- Implement controls for all hazards related to a specific process, task or piece of equipment
- NEW : Control of Hazards Basic topic allows development of a foundational process
Our events take place on a regular basis, some virtually and some in-person, throughout all of our Consortium regions. As part of your EMC membership, you and your colleagues are invited to participate in any, and all events, that are relevant to your company - in any Consortium region across Canada!