In this role, you will report to the Director of Manufacturing Initiatives, and work with the project team, to develop, implement, and coordinate regional and/or national projects and programs for federal and provincial government clients, including:
- Student wage subsidy and work placement programs for post-secondary and high school students
- Recruitment, onboarding and retention programs supporting the manufacturing sector
- Manufacturing Essentials Certification training programs
- Labour Market Intelligence (LMI) collection, analysis and dissemination
The ideal candidate has demonstrated success in project coordination and exceptional communications and organizational skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. The position will be based in Owen Sound /Grey Bruce surrounding area or Ottawa.
What you will do:
- Track progress against program/project plans and specific targets.
- Participate in project evaluation and stakeholder follow-up.
- Facilitate close cooperation with project partners to ensure a consistently high level of service delivery.
- Liaise with service providers and external stakeholders.
- Work proactively with internal staff to collaborate on activities, share information and provide updates to senior management.
- Explore new support program opportunities through external partnerships.
- Attend events and/or focus groups to present information, network, collect information.
- Provide administrative support and documentation.
What we are looking for:
- The ideal candidate has completed post-secondary education in Human Resources
- Management, Business or other related field; OR, has the commensurate experience and/or equivalent knowledge and abilities.
- Two to five years’ experience in coordinating activities, with demonstrated success in setting and achieving program targets and managing tight timelines.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Must be detail-oriented, with exceptional communication skills (written and oral).
- Must have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 tools.
- Knowledge and experience in the manufacturing sector is considered an asset.
- Able to obtain a clear criminal record check.
- Legally able to work in Canada