Open to BC Manufacturing Businesses!
WILWorks Student Work Placement Program
Get up to $7,000 for post secondary student placements!
WILWorks subsidizes wages for student workers in skilled occupations, supporting Canada's manufacturing sector. Manufacturers can receive up to $7,000 in wage subsidies. Applications for Summer 2023 (May 1 - Aug 31) are now being accepted. Funding is limited, so act now to secure your spot!
How it works
EMC's WILWorks program supports manufacturers with hiring student talent through internships, co-op placements, practicums, or applied research projects. The program helps to attract young talent, to gain exposure to students in the work environment, and to create a talent pipeline for future employees.
- The purpose of the SWPP funding is to motivate employers to increase their number of student work placements, or to create student work placements.
- Students can support a company’s current business needs, work projects and initiatives.
- EMC's WILWorks program provides the opportunity and flexibility to complement a company’s current workforce with subsidized student resources.
- Funding amounts vary. Check out the employer FAQ for more details!
- This project is funded by the Government of Canada's Student Work Placement Program.
Interested in participating as an employer?Request Information
WILWorks Quick Facts
EMC's WILWorks program provides value to manufacturing employers by providing wage subsidies to employers that offer quality student work placements.
EMC's WILWorks program will fund 50% or 70% of the student’s wages incurred during the relevant application work placement term, to a maximum of $7,000, depending on the applicant and nature of work placement.
EMC's WILWorks program applicants must be a registered Canadian business or organization in good legal standing and must be able to provide a meaningful work experience for the student. For more information, see our FAQ document!
The next available program intake is for the Summer 2023 session, running from May 1 to August 31, 2023.