Managing & Mediating Workplace Conflict
Conflict can seriously harm worker morale and productivity. Throughout this course, manufacturing leaders will discuss how conflict can be overcome. Particular focus will be placed upon the impact that conflict has on a team. Participants will have the opportunity to develop their own methods of resolving workplace disputes.
This one-day program gives managers and supervisors the tools to understand conflict and their role in preventing and resolving it.
- Distinguish difference from conflict.
- Understand the conflict cycle and effects on the team.
- Defuse emotional situations.
- Learn a consistent approach for changing from win-lose to win-win approaches
- Techniques for informal mediation between people in conflict.
- What conflict means to you
- Benefits of effective conflict management
- Dynamics of conflict [case studies and discussion]
- Active listening
- Changing conversations from position-taking to discussing underlying interests [case studies and discussion]
- Informal mediation of conflict between coworkers
- Probing for where solutions can be found
- Testing for flexibility
- Where conflict crosses the line to harassment, bullying, or violence.
DURATION: One (1) Day-Long Session
LEARNING ENVIRONMENT: In-Person Classroom
SCHEDULE: Please contact Amy Edwards, EMC's Training Manager, at 1-866-323-4362 for upcoming course dates and times.
Training is available in English.