Management Skills & Leadership Styles
Effective leadership is a critical component of a well-functioning workplace. This course serves as an introduction to all aspects of manufacturing leadership. Participants will learn about the operational, supervisory, and legal requirements of administrators in the manufacturing sector, and analyze a variety of common management resources and practices.
Effective leadership is a critical component of a well-functioning workplace, but maintaining a strong balance between employee guidance and autonomy can often seem difficult. This course serves as a thorough introduction to all aspects of manufacturing leadership, with topics ranging from the fundamentals of team management to the importance of building a constructive company culture.
Participants will learn about the operational, supervisory, and legal requirements of manufacturing leadership, and analyze a variety of common management resources. Through a variety of group activities, participants will also have the opportunity to utilize, develop, and refine their leadership abilities amongst a group of their peers, and discover timely self-reflection strategies for pinpointing internal strengths and weaknesses.
- The evolution of management, leadership, and workplace culture.
- The importance of mutual trust in stoking employee engagement, motivation, and productivity.
- Supplementary leadership skills and how to utilize them.
- Overcoming conflict through effective feedback and timely discipline methods
- The impact of individual tendencies on general workplace culture.
- The legal requirements and responsibilities of various forms of manufacturing leadership.
- Promoting a culture of operational excellence.
DURATION: One (1) Day-Long Session
LEARNING ENVIRONMENT: In-Person Classroom
SCHEDULE: Please contact Amy Edwards, EMC's Training Manager, at 1-866-323-4362 for upcoming course dates and times.
Training is available in English.